Monday, October 26, 2009

When Cancer Stops Growing, Regresses or Disappears



If anyone you know has been touched by cancer you may want to read this article in the New York Times. Spontaneous remission is said to occur though most doctors don’t think it is possible. The article discusses spontaneous remission, tumors that stop growing or get smaller without treatment. I found this article to be encouraging for anyone that has been touched by cancer.

The reason that we eat such a healthy diet at our house is our way of trying to maintain some level of control over our health. I plan our meals based on not just what tastes good but what is the healthiest thing we can eat at that time. By continually changing the healthy foods we eat I hope to maximize our nutrition and give our bodies the best chance of fighting disease. Only time will tell if I am correct. But until proven otherwise I will continue to remain focused on nutrition and health.

I hope everyone is having a happy and healthy day. I am off to start dinner just as soon as I figure out what I am going to feed us tonight. I will be back later with a recipe.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I missed this article, thanks for sharing. The cancer my son has, neuroblastoma, has been known to spontaneously disappear, so I have always thought it could happen with other cancers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet,

    You are welcome. I love information like this. Sometimes I think cancer patients and survivors don't get enough good news. We all need a little encouragement sometimes.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails