Thursday, October 29, 2009

Blog Award



First I want to say thank you to Nanny Dee at New England Nanny for bestowing the Friends award on me at a time when I really needed it. She didn’t know that things were chaotic at my house at that time and this was the push I needed to continue the blog.

I didn’t realize how difficult it was to choose the bloggers to forward the award to until I received one myself. It was much more difficult to decide whom to send the award to than it is to write a post each day.

Here are the rules of this award:

This award is bestowed on to blogs that are exceedingly charming.

These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends.
They are not interested in self-aggrandizement.
Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated.
Please give more attention to these writers.
Deliver this award to six bloggers who must choose six more and include this cleverly written text into the body of their award.
I will pass this award to some of my bloggy friends that I find exceedingly charming...

Rose at Dandelion for her great recipes, gardening tips and for her blog friendship. I look forward to reading your posts and comments each day. You are quickly becoming my blog sister on the West Coast.

Debra at Vegan Family Style for all the great raw information and recipes she provides. You have encouraged me to eat more raw food and I know that is a good thing. Thank you for the encouragement, support and answers to all my basic raw questions.

Janet at Meatless Mama, my cancer warrior in arms. We share a connection that no one should have. I appreciate the great information you share and you inspire me to be better with each post.

Oraphan at Easy Veggie. You are so quick with a compliment and know how to make me feel welcome in the vegan community. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas.

Janelle at Adventures in a Vegetarian Kitchen. I enjoy reading about all your projects, your husband, baby to be and the pugs. Your warmth and sincerity come through in every post you write. You are going to be a great mom.

Jeni at Heathen Vegan. I love reading your blog and seeing your creativity. Your posts always make me smile, and wish I was a little younger and going to pub with you. I know your sense of humor brings a smile to many of us.

There are so many bloggers that I could have included but six was the limit. I appreciate all of you and enjoy reading your posts and comments. When I started the blog my intention was to share recipes and not much more. Over time I have realized the blog has become so much more than recipes alone. Thank you all for making the blogosphere such a warm place to be.

If you haven’t taken the time to visit these blogs please do. Each of these ladies have put a lot of time, effort and heart into their respective blogs that I hope everyone will take the time to visit and comment. For those of you that don’t have blogs it takes a lot of time to put together a good post and we don’t know you are reading and like what we have to say unless you comment. Even just a few words to let us all know you are there would be appreciated.

Thank you again Nanny Dee for sending me this award at exactly the right time. Your timing is impeccable.

20 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! And you listed a few blogs I haven't visited yet as well.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeni,

    You are very welcome! Thank you for sharing your creativity and making me smile. I hope you enjoy visiting the other blogs I listed.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Alicia. I love your blog and I love your comments and questions. Thank you for being an active participant on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debra,

    You are very welcome! And thank you for letting me know you enjoy my blog as well. I really do appreciate you taking the time to answer all my questions. I know I can be a "bit detail oriented" and that can be annoying. So thank you again for your patience. I am learning a lot from your blog. Because of you I am now researching dehydrators. I hope to have a decision on what I am buying by tomorrow.

    thanks again,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet. Thanks Alicia.

    I feel like the vegan blogosphere is my home away from home, and it's great having a "blog sister."

    I'm a bit of a cry-baby, but it brought tears to my eyes reading your warm and kind words about each blog award recipient.

    What a surprise! Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rose,

    I am so glad you appreciated the award, which is well deserved I might add.

    You aren't the only cry-baby, we that in common too!

    chat with you soon,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  7. please let me know what you decide. I love my excalibur and will be getting another one soon. I am doing a lot of crackers and such- I keep this one working!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debra,

    I am still leaning toward an excalibur but I wanted to thoroughly research before I bought a new dehydrator. It is hard for me to imagine how much work goes into feeding a family your size, especially mostly raw. I am happy to have the time to spend for two us. My hat is off to you, I don't know how you do it.

    If you could only have a few raw books (as a beginner) what would they be? I may be heading to the bookstore tomorrow and wanted a hint or two if you could narrow it down to a few.

    thanks again,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Alicia,

    Protocol question:

    It's going to be hard for me to select 6 people; I'm going to have to think about it for a few days.

    Should I wait until I pass the award on before putting it up on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rose,

    I waited until I had my 6 people selected, but I don't really know what protocol is on this. I think you can go either way.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your award! I don't read many blogs, but have enjoyed yours tremendously. Yesterday I noticed that you posted your favorite blogs in place of your list of ingredients, which I was frequently using. Do you think you could have both on the sidebar?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, Alicia!!! You really deserve it! And thank you SO very much for giving me this award, I greatly appreciate it.

    What a touching post! It brought tears to my eyes and you really made my day, thanks again:)

    p.s. I have to go to work 4 days in a row this week from Wednesday to Saturday and I've not been feeling well lately (Migraine and skin rash). So I won't be able to pass the award to anyone yet, for the time being I will post the award on my sidebar, hope it's okay with you:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oraphan,

    Thank you and you are welcome. The warmth comes through in your blog and I wanted to recognize you for that. I am glad I could make your day. I felt the same way when I received it, and it feels good to pass that feeling on.

    Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well and have to work. Please take your time and pass the award along when you can. I enjoyed giving the award out at least as much as I did to receive it.

    Feel better soon,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Laura,

    Thanks for the comment. I was cleaning up the ingredient list which is why I took it down for the time being. Blogspot only allows 10 tags per entry so I was trying to pare down the tags by category. If there is a specific ingredient that you are looking for you can do a search in the window (on the top left) for recipes with the specific ingredient Please try that and let me know if that doesn't work for you. That is how I find things on my blog I can't remember when I posted.

    thanks again for the compliment and the comment,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Alicia,

    Thanks so much! You're so sweet and thoughtful. I love your blog too, it has so much great information and the recipes are fantastic! Thanks again!!!

    Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Janelle,

    You are very welcome! I think your blog is great too. Give Bumpers a hug from me. I hope the birth is quick and uneventful. Get plenty of rest now while you can.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Alicia,

    Just wanted to let you know that I LOVE coming back to your blog to read your response, I really appreciate your time!

    I'll be back to read all your new posts tonight, all your yummy looking food already made me hungry:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oraphan,

    Thanks for letting me know you like the read my responses. It just seems appropriate to me to respond, I think it is an age thing. :) Did I say that out loud?

    Have a great day and I look forward to hearing your comments later tonight.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Alicia, thankyou so much for the award, I truly feel honored that you thought of me! You are such a kind and caring person and I am so glad to get to know you through the blogosphere. I always feel inspired after reading your posts and impressed by how prolific you are!
    I will post it on my blog after giving some thought to who my six will be.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Janet,

    You are very welcome and you deserved it! Your posts inspire me as well.

    I can't wait to see who you choose to pass the award along to.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails