Thursday, October 8, 2009

Greens To Go - Product Review



I purchased a box of Greens to Go at Costco on Tuesday and am receiving nothing in return for this review. Since the box contains 30 little packages I thought this would be great to send with my husband when he is traveling since the Green Vibrance we drink needs to be refrigerated after opening.

There were definitely both plusses and minuses to this product, which I will summarize below.

Positives:

- Made with organic fruits and vegetables
- Individually wrapped servings
- Each packet contains 6 servings of fruits and vegetables
- Low calorie, 30 per packet
- Low sugar, less than 2 grams per packet
- Low sodium, 12 grams per packet
- Each packet has an ORAC value of 4000
- No wheat, yeast, MSG or GMO (genetically modified organisms)
- Contains barley greens, chlorella, green tea, acai, pomegranate, spinach and kale
- Very mild flavor, not at all like our Green Vibrance
- Fair price (approximately 28 dollars for 30 servings)
- No grit remained in the glass, this was a big plus

Negatives:

- Too sweet, from the stevia. We don’t eat much sugar or agave so others may think it is fine
- Vitamin content is much lower than Green Vibrance so this would never replace our other green drink but is good for traveling

Overall I am glad I purchased this and will keep it on hand for when we are traveling or will be out of the house for hours. I like the idea of being able to carry a tiny packet of vegetables in my bag. I wish it had more vitamins but it is still better than drinking water.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I will have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting...I drink a Green Vibrance once in a while...and it is a sort of a strong flavor to get used to. I'll have to keep my eye open for these or see if I can find something similar. It would be nice to have as a healthy refreshment when out running errands or traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose,

    I agree, the Green Vibrance is strong. But, you can't beat the nutritional stats. At least not that I have seen yet and I have been looking.

    Both Dan and I found that after about 5 or 6 servings we got accustomed to the taste and it no longer seemed strong to us. The same thing might happen to you.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails