Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fall is finally here!



The weather in Baltimore is cool and crisp with the unmistakable snap of fall in the air. When the weather changes I am always a little sad because I know the bounty of summer produce is behind us. However, now we all can enjoy pumpkin, squash, Brussels sprouts and all the other fantastic fall vegetables.

This photo is one I took a few years ago at Biltmore in Asheville, North Carolina. I loved the one little white pumpkin with all its big orange brothers and sisters. I think of this as a photo of the red headed stepchild and his vegetable family. Isn’t it interesting how the little white pumpkin is leaned over like he is hiding and most of the larger orange pumpkins are standing tall. Am I reading into this photo, of course I am. But it amuses me to give inanimate objects human emotions.

As you may have guessed dinner tonight will be something with a fall focus. No hints for now you will need to come back later and see what I make.

What do you see when you look at this picture? Am I the only one that projects human emotions onto this picture?

2 comments:

  1. Cute pumpkins, I love them; they're so cheery.

    Can't wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose,

    Thanks. I need to get into the kitchen soon and get started since it is 4:35pm here already. I have procrastinated long enough.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails