Monday, October 26, 2009

Spinach Salad with a Veggie Patty, Alfalfa Sprouts, Tomato and Green Goddess Dressing



This is another one of my “where did that come from” salads. As I have mentioned before my husband and I really do eat salad all the time. I tend not to post these as I think salads are dull. I am posting the salad tonight because I want everyone to consider tossing a veggie patty on his or her next salad. This is a combination that I am particularly fond of and it happened here out of necessity one day at lunch, which led me to discover how much I like those foods together. Here is the salad we had tonight.

Spinach Salad with a Veggie Patty, Alfalfa Sprouts, Tomato and Green Goddess Dressing
Serves 2

Ingredient:

6 cups raw spinach
2 Don Lee Farms veggie patties
1 teaspoon oil to crisp patties
1 cup alfalfa sprouts
1 tomato, diced
6 tablespoons green goddess dressing

Directions:

Cook the veggie patties in a heavy bottom skillet (I used a cast iron) coated with a little olive oil. Cook on medium heat until the patties are browned on both sides and heated through.

To plate, start with spinach, add the sprouts, tomato, then burgers and finish with the dressing.

Nutritional Information:

Amount Per Serving
Calories - 268.64
Calories From Fat (41%) - 109.28

Total Fat - 10.85g
Saturated Fat - 1.76g
Cholesterol - 0mg
Sodium - 559.06mg
Potassium - 813.3mg
Total Carbohydrates - 26.2g
Fiber - 5.79g
Sugar - 2.66g
Protein - 9.6g

Comments:

I love to top salads with hot items like falafel or veggie burgers. The contrast of hot with cold is something that I really enjoy. I think the hot topping somehow greatly improves the taste of the salad.

One serving of this salad has over 10.500IU of vitamin A, 120mg of calcium, 220mcg of folate, 530mcg of vitamin K, 110mg of phosphorus, and 110mg of magnesium. This meal does a little more fat that I would normally allow but the remainder of our day had very little fat so I was trying to get to my magic number of 13% total calories from fat.

I hope you are all having a good evening.

6 comments:

  1. This looks so tasty; the gently crunch of raw spinach and sprouts, the juicy tomatoes, the heartiness of the burger, and the creamy dressing...I'm sure it's delectable...yes, I say, yes: I will consider eating this in future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose,

    You described it perfectly. It is almost like you are on this coast with us for dinner.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your food looks so wonderful, as always! You're very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janelle,

    It is nice of you to visit and comment.

    I hope all it going well with your pregnancy. You are getting really close now.

    Has your toenail started to heal yet? I hope so.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debra,

    Thanks! I really love to top salad with a hot veggie burger. It is one of my favorite less than 10 minute meals. Sometimes I am starving and just need food fast and this always satisfies.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails