Thursday, October 1, 2009

VeganMoFo 2009 Theme


I finally settled on a theme for dinners this month. I will be cooking from “The Professional Chef” published by the Culinary Institute of America but making the recipes healthy and of course vegan. Additionally I will be using local organic produce from our farmers market whenever possible. Lunch and breakfast will not have a theme. They will continue to be quick and easy meals. With the weather changing you should probably anticipate more soups and stews this month.

My recipes will continue to be low fat in keeping with the book “Life Over Cancer” since we are following those nutritional guidelines at our house. You can expect my food to make use of many herbs and spices because that is how I cook.

If anyone has any particular recipe requests if I can figure out how to make it healthy I will give it a try. Post a comment or send me an email if you have a recipe idea.

6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to it!
    Happy Mofo'ing!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alicia

    Happy October! I'm excited about your versions of CIA dishes and prepared with local, organic produce, what could be better?

    Can't wait to read more!

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go, girl! I'll be here daily even if I don't leave a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alicia,

    You don't have to do this anytime soon, or even at all if you don't want, but I thought of a dish from my childhood that I would love to see veganized.

    My mom used to make braciole fairly often on Sundays. Or at least that's what she called it; I I don't know whether it was an authentic braciole.

    It was braised flank steak, filled with an egg, garlic, parsley, parmesan filling, rolled up and cooked in red pasta sauce.

    Just an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rose,

    That sounds like braciole to me. Oddly that is on my list of recipes to veganize. It may not happen this month but I will get to it this fall.

    If you think of anything else please let me know.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Alicia! If anyone can do it, you can.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails