Friday, August 28, 2009

Bentonite Clay Health Beverages May Contain Arsenic



This article is a little disturbing. Apparently beverages that are sold with the purpose to detoxify the system have tested positive for arsenic.

Arsenic is a class one carcinogen, which means there is no safe level. Since all the beverages the UK Food Standards Agency tested were positive for arsenic I plan to avoid these. If you have purchased anything like this the abstract outlines the beverages that were tested.

On a related note I had been considering buying bentonite clay to make a homemade facial mask until I read this article. While I don’t think the risk is high, since we are capable of absorbing things through our skin, I don’t plan on using any facial products with bentonite clay to be cautious.

2 comments:

  1. That's good to know...thanks for the heads-up.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose,

    It seems like every few days they add something else to the list of things to avoid. Sometimes I think if they keep going at this pace we will be left with 10 safe items by the time the scientists are finished.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails