Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Pomegranate Juice and Heart Health


(pictured: Green tea with pomegranate, ginger and lemon)

I was doing a little pomegranate juice research today and came across this interesting study regarding the impact it has on heart health. I found it fascinating that something as simple as consuming pomegranate juice can reduce cholesterol oxidation (atherosclerosis), and reduce blood pressure.

This study is yet another reason to continue to drink pomegranate juice. The doctor that wrote “Anticancer” also recommends consuming 8 ounces a day to reduce the probability of cancer. At our house we add a splash to our ginger green tea to add flavor and get our 8 ounces of juice spread throughout the day.

Whether you are concerned about heart health or cancer it seems pomegranate juice is part of the answer. I am going to make another mug of green now with a big splash of pomegranate juice.

6 comments:

  1. I love pomegranites and pomegranite juice. It's so nice when the things that are good for us taste so good! Still working on the tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet,

    I love it when things I enjoy turn out to be good for me.

    It took me a while to learn to love the green tea too. I am sipping a mug now. The hubby and I really do drink green tea all day long.

    talk to you soon,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- they both look good! I bought a squash and a white pumpkin the other day to make raw pumpkin pies.. yum!
    Debra @ Vegan Family Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debra,

    Thanks! :) Can't wait to see your raw pumpkin pie.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm a BIG fan of pomegranite everything! I'll keep drinking my pomegranite green tea, Yay! Thanks for the links, Alicia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oraphan,

    I love a little pom in my green tea too! We starting drinking it because it was good for us and grew to really love it.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails