Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Cooking Class Update - Thanksgiving Sides

Cooking class tonight was a lot of fun, as always. Reiko, Sue, Dennis and I were disruptive as usual. We are definitely the “bad kids” in class, but we always have a good time. Heck, you only live once, so you might as well live loud.

There were definitely a few recipes that I will be putting my own healthy vegan spin on soon. I will try to post my version of the recipes by the end of this weekend in case anyone is interested in making them for Thanksgiving.

First there was Acorn Squash with Italian Inspired Bread Stuffing, which I think would make a great main course.



Next there were Roasted Glazed Root Vegetables.



We ended with Cranberry and Orange Granita.



Dan joined me tonight at cooking class and had a great time with all the "bad kids". You know the type of kids you went to school with that sat in the back and giggled and made too much noise. That sums us up, only we are all old enough to know better. But, we always enjoy ourselves and look forward to getting together every week. Since all of us cook often we have no difficulty chatting and knowing what is happening.

It is late on the east coast so I need to start winding down for the evening. I have a few recipes in my mind for tomorrow.

Before I get started posting recipes tomorrow I need to share with you all the great stuff I bought at the Asian market this afternoon. I was like a little kid in a candy store.

Have a great evening!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Alicia,

    It's 11 pm here in LA and I'm stopping by just to say hello and wanted to let you know that I have to come back tomorrow night.

    It sounds like a lot of fun at your cooking class. It was so cute that your husband was there too. Those photos are absolutely amazing! Did you photograph them from the class?
    I can't wait to see what you got from Asian Market!!! I went to Japanese market with my husband yesterday, I felt like a little kid in a candy store too:) Talk to you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oraphan,

    We have a lot of fun at cooking class. There is a core group of regulars that attend class every week and we are great friends. We have been together for a few years and really enjoy each others company.

    My husband and Dennis get along great. They are very funny together, like bad boys. When my husband isn't too busy at work he likes to go with me. Dan likes to say that I am "the cooker" and he is "the eater". However Dan does know how to cook he just lets me have the kitchen to myself since he knows I love it.

    I did take the photographs. My camera always goes to class with me. I am glad you liked them! :)

    We loved the miso dressing! I posted my version earlier today. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe.

    talk to you tomorrow,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you explain some where on the blog with/what the cooking class is about? You seem like you would be the teacher, not the student?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shenandoah,

    That is a very nice compliment, but no I am a student not the teacher. Dan and have been going to the classes for years. It is what I do for entertainment. I love all the other regulars and we have a blast getting together and talking before and after class and they always try my vegan food and give me feedback when I bring it in.

    I haven't mentioned the class specifically because it isn't vegetarian. It is something I started doing before we became more strict with our food intake. I go more for the company and the general ideas. I think it is easy to get in a food rut and I use cooking class to keep my ideas fresh. Since most of the food isn't vegan it is a little pricey to attend and not eat the food which is why I didn't think anyone reading my blog would want to attend. Also when we learn an interesting recipe idea I veganize it and make it healthy and post it here.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails