Friday, November 6, 2009

Pesticide Tainted Turkish Pears

According to this abstract some Turkish Pears have been found to have pesticide residue that exceeds acceptable levels by 1,400 times. Since this appears to apply to produce distributed to the EU I wasn’t certain it would make the news here and wanted you all to know about the problem. I would assume this couldn’t apply to organic pears, at least not produce labeled as organic produce that really is organic. However, I think I will stay away from Turkish fruit for a while just to be safe.

Sorry to be a downer first thing in the morning. I will be back later with something positive, I promise. I hope you are all having a happy and healthy day.

5 comments:

  1. aww you arent a downer,lol this is important stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,

    How are you doing today?

    Sometimes it feels like I am always posting bad news. That was the reason for my "downer" comment. At least I redeemed myself with the green tea post. ;)

    talk to you soon,
    Alcia

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha yea i am ok today, just busy and since im not so good at multi-tasking i think things take longer.i dont think you are always posting bad news, really its just "informative...yea informative.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, thank you for the info, Alicia! I thought it was so nice of you to spread the news, you're not a downer at all:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle and Oraphan,

    Thank you both for putting the post into perspective. Sometimes it seems like all the health info I post is bad news and I hate being negative. But you are both right it is important to spread the word.

    talk to both soon,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails