Friday, February 5, 2010

Healthy Cooking Challenge - Family Favorites

Sorry for the delay in posting the recipes from the challenge. I have had a few things going on this week that has kept me busier than usual, which didn't leave much time to understand posting from Flickr. Here are the recipes that were submited for the challenge:

Our first recipe was my Cream of Tomato Soup


Rose from Dandelion submitted an Orange, Avocado, Fennel and Raddichio Salad



Mary from mygreendiet.com submitted two recipes the first was a Stuffed Heirloom Tomatoes


and Mary also submitted a Summer Chopped Salad


Janet from Meatless Mama submitted a Spinach and Mushroom filled Tortilla


Sarah the Ordinary Vegetarian submited a Broccoli Salad


Heather from Where's the Beach submitted a Broccoli and Wheat Berry Casserole


Oraphan from Easy Veggie submitted a Brown Rice, Tofu and Kale Soup



Morgan from Abby's Army submitted a Creamy Potato Soup



Everyone submitted great recipes. I loved seeing the very different directions that these recipes went in. By having an open ended theme we got a broad cross section of recipes which I really enjoyed. I need to confer with the other two judges this evening on the winning recipe. I hope to have that posted tonight or by the latest tomorrow morning. All the recipes submitted were great and I got some great ideas from these ladies. I will be sending them each an e-book of the recipes over the weekend.

Update:

The nutritional information for the recipes will be posted on Flick this evening.  I am posting it as a comment to each recipe.

14 comments:

  1. Great round up! Thanks for hosting this, it was a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah,

    Thank you for participating! Your submission was a very creative version of broccoli salad.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for posting these. Dare I say that I am looking forward to the next challenge?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather,

    You should be. Your recipe has has done well in the numbers. There was no obvious winner so I am now calculating the vitamins for each recipe so we can select a winner. Everyone did such a good job it is really impressive!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  5. the raddichio(sp?) salad is so cute and the casserole( looks delicious.and meatless mamas guac looks really good also. oh and the stuffed tomatoes....mmmm lol i finally make mashed cauliflower today, that stuff is SO good. i made the garlicky which i think is what you did before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle,

    The recipes submitted were great this time weren't they? Rose and I are still looking at the numbers and trying to come to a decision on the winner. Choosing a winner is much more difficult than we expected.

    Glad you made the mashed cauliflower with garlic. I hope Walter liked it too.

    talk to you later,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You're so amazing, Alicia! What a fantastic round up! Thank you so much for hosting this wonderful event and for helping me out with this challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a great idea and a lot of fun. I am excited to try these recipes. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my goodness - how could one ever decide? They all look so goooood! At least you have your handy nutritional counter. That is the only way. This is a great way to get word of their blogs out there, too. So, it does a double service :) . Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oraphan,

    It was no problem. Flickr is easy to upload photos to. Let me know if you want me to send you directions. I would be happy to write up detailed steps.

    Your soup was a great submisson. Something that I wouldn't have come up with. Dan is anxious to try it since it contains everything we love.

    Mary,

    Loved your submissions. The stuffing in the tomatoes was particularly interesting to me. I can't wait to try that.

    Thanks so much for participating!

    Blessed Mama,

    Selecting the winner is much tougher than we expected. We had to really get into the nutrition details to narrow it down to two. We are waiting for our third judge to be the tie breaker. Judging is that close. Rose and I finally decided to reconvene on it today at midnight last night. But we are close to announcing the winner. ;)

    Everyone,

    All your submission were fabulous and so creative. I loved reading your recipes and seeing the pictures. The recipes are such a wonderful and diverse collection.

    As soon as we talk to our third judge we will announce the winner. I hope! The recipes were all so good and healthy any of the recipes could have won.

    Thanks again for taking the time to participate. What a great first round up.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for doing this, Alicia! I am sorry I couldn't participate this time around--things got crazy busy here for a while there--but I really enjoyed seeing what everyone cooked up. I hope to participate in a future challenge!

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  12. Courtney,

    I completely understand things coming up. It happens to me all the time. I hope you can participate next time. Something tells me I would love your E2L friendly recipes! ;)

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you again, Alicia! I'll try to play around with Flickr and I'll email you if I need help. I still can't believe that I'm the winner of this challenge, I kept reading back and forth to make sure I didn't misunderstand. Tomorrow, I have to go to Nathan's soccer game very early in the morning and take him to a birthday party in the afternoon so I'll post my "winner badge" on my blog as soon as I get home tomorrow night. I can't do it tonight because I need to go to bed now (my hubby said so)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oraphan,

    You are so sweet. Have a wonderful day tomorrow at the soccer game and birthday party.

    Please let me know if you need help with Flickr on the next challenge.

    talk to you later,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails