Monday, February 15, 2010

Carrot, Celery, Apple, Lemon and Ginger Juice


Today I spent running errands and taking care of things before the next snow fall, which looks to be a non-event. Thankfully! Any time spring wants to get here is fine with me. I would like to see something other than snow.

Once I got finished which my “life administration” I spent the afternoon relaxing with green tea and reading. I had a very relaxing afternoon. I picked up a McDougall book since it was recommended by my new friend Laloofah. This M.D’s recommendations are very similar to Dr. Fuhrman. So far I am finding it interesting to read things from another perspective.

Later I started watching the nutrition DVDs from a different M.D., Michael Greger. I will let you all know what I think once I have finished the last DVD. So far, they are interesting but most if it is information I have seen before. But, like the McDougall book it is always good to hear things from another perspective so I am glad to have the DVDs to watch. These DVDs were recommended by a commenter sometime before Christmas, and I can’t find the post to say thank you properly. Please know that I appreciated the recommendation and have enjoyed the first two DVDs. I even got my hubby to watch part of one with me this evening. Much to my surprise he seemed to enjoy it.

We had a quick dinner with baby artichokes tonight which I will post later this week. After dinner we had a fruit and veggie juice that even my hubby liked. I did use my juicer so I can’t calculate the nutrition with certainty since there was leftover pulp. Therefore I will only be telling you the components.

For the juice tonight I used 4 carrots, 1 apple, 2 stalks celery, 1/8 of lemon, ½ inch fresh ginger. The juice had a complex flavor. We both liked the little bit of acid from the lemon and the zip from the ginger. Both Dan and I seem to prefer juice that has a number flavors. This is a good combination that we will be having again.

For those of you that thought the pulp would make good cookies I did save the pulp in the refrigerator for a cookie experiment tomorrow or Wednesday. Once Dan (my cookie monster) approves of the experiment I will post the details.

I need to take care of few things, have my green drink and turn in for the evening. Tomorrow should be a day with more posts since my calendar is not as full as today. I hope you are all having a great evening.

2 comments:

  1. I really can't wait to hear about the cookies using the pulp. I think it'll be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather,

    I knew you and Rose would be interested. I have a few ideas on the cookies. Lets hope one of the versions gets the Dan seal of approval.

    talk to you later,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails