Thursday, December 10, 2009

Fresh Italian Truffles Arrived Today!



This is a quick post to share a picture and link to the first Christmas present that arrived this morning by FedEx making my morning. I am a truffle fiend and can’t think of any present more perfect for me.

My close friend Louis may be the best present giver ever. He is also a foodie and every occasion manages to find the perfect food related present. Last year Louis bought me truffles and I adored them. We had a truffle fest at my house for a week and then I made truffle salt with the bits that were left. I have been coveting the truffle salt all year.

Louis obviously noticed how much I adored the truffles last year so he bought me more this year for Christmas. Now my mind is spinning with ideas of how to use the truffles. Expect to see quite a few truffle recipes in the coming week.

If any of you want to buy truffles of your own I recommend Earthy Delights. They carry not only the Italian Truffles but also many other foods and related items. In the spring you can buy ramps, fiddle heads and fresh morels from Earthy, which is a great spring mix. The quality of all the fresh produce that I have received from Earthy has been excellent.

If you want truffles order them now. The ones I received were overnighted to NY yesterday afternoon and arrived at my house today before 10am. From what we heard from the nice people at Earthy Delights the truffle market is spotty now so I don’t know how long they will be available.

For now I am off to exercise and get a little house cleaning done. I will be back later with the seitan experiment. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

  1. oh wow can't wait to see what you make with them great gift

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a unique gift. It's funny to see the truffles under lock & key at Wegmans.

    Looking forward to the new seitan recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great friend! They look spectacular. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails