Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Adobo and Garlic Flavor Creamy Salad Dressing


(pictured: lettuce wraps with cucumber and raw pumpkins with adobo garlic dressing)

Since we were having chili tonight for dinner and a salad I knew I wanted a Mexican influenced salad dressing. Since we love raw cashew dressings I decided to add adobo sauce from the can of chipotle in adobo and a little garlic to make our dressing tonight. Here is what I did.

Adobo and Garlic Flavor Creamy Salad Dressing
Makes approximately 14 tablespoons

Ingredients:

½ cup raw cashews
½ cup water
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon adobo sauce (from a can of chipotle in adobo)
1 pinch salt
1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon sherry vinegar

Directions:

Combine all the ingredients in your blender and process until smooth. Refrigerate until needed. The salad dressing will thicken while it sits in the refrigerator.

Nutritional Information (per tablespoon):

Amount Per Serving
Calories - 20.54
Calories From Fat (64%) - 13.22

Total Fat -1.58g
Saturated Fat -0.28g
Cholesterol -0mg
Sodium -95.01mg
Potassium -25.93mg
Total Carbohydrates -1.28g
Fiber -0.14g
Sugar -0.21g
Protein -0.65g

Comments:

This salad dressing is fairly mild but has background flavors of vinegar, garlic and chili. I really enjoyed this salad dressing, as did my hubby. We used it tonight on lettuce wraps with cucumber slices and raw pumpkin seeds.

Unrelated Note:

That is going to be my last post tonight. I made another version of seitan today. I will be posting that recipe tomorrow. I hope you all had a great day today.

3 comments:

  1. This looks like my kind of food, YUM!!! The salad dressing sounds wonderful, I love raw cashew dressings too, it has natural sweet taste and it's creamy delicious.

    Thanks for the recipe, I've collected so many great salad dressing recipes from your blog since I started reading:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried a cashew dressing, but I love chipotles and adobo sauce. May have to give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oraphan,

    Thanks for letting me know you like my salad dressings. We have fallen in love with the cashew dressings this year. It is nice to know you like them too!

    Heather,

    I love using raw cashews in salad dressing. They make a rich and creamy dressing that is healthier than it tastes. Even my omni friends and family like my cashew dressings. There are many versions of cashew dressing on my blog if you want to look for others. I really liked the Catalina dressing, and the cucumber dressing. My hubby liked my version of the pepper parmesan.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails