Monday, July 27, 2009

Black Truffle Popcorn



On weekends we normally watch a movie or two. My husband loves movies while I think movies are okay. I love truffles, and he thinks they are okay. To compromise I watch a movie with him and he shares black truffle popcorn with me. This is just another one of those quirky reasons we have been together for over 20 years now.

I realize that black truffles seem a little decadent to be used on popcorn. Wait until you try this before you pass judgement. If you like truffles, you will love this! Be certain to put the truffle oil and salt on the popcorn while it is still hot. The heat from the popcorn opens up the aroma of the truffle and it is nothing short of intoxicating. I will warn you, once you have had truffled popcorn it is hard to go back to the boring stuff you are accustomed to eating.

Black Truffle Popcorn
Serves 2

Ingredients:

¼ cup of white popcorn kernels, not popped
1 teaspoon of black truffle oil
½ teaspoon of black truffle salt

Directions:

Pop corn in an air popper. Drizzle with black truffle oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle on the black truffle salt and toss to coat. Enjoy!

Nutritional Information:

Amount Per Serving
Calories - 143.64
Calories From Fat (23%) - 32.7

Total Fat - 3.67g
Saturated Fat - 0.52g
Cholesterol - 0mg
Sodium - 472.36mg
Potassium - 90.44mg
Total Carbohydrates - 24.13g
Fiber - 4.19g
Sugar - 0.3g
Protein - 3.59g

Comments:

As my husband says “you are either a truffle lover or you aren’t”. Since I love them and he doesn’t I think that makes us a perfect match since it means more truffle for me. Seriously, if you like truffles this really is the best possible popcorn you can imagine. It isn’t too oily or too salty. The aroma is amazing. This is my favorite snack.

2 comments:

  1. Food Hunter,

    Since you must love truffles I think you will like this. It is one of my favorites.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails