Saturday, July 11, 2009

Boca Burger, Spinach, Hummus and Broccoli Sprout Wrap



Boca burgers are somewhat of a freezer staple in our house. I don’t always have time to make my own veggie burgers. When I am short on time I turn to the Boca burgers. We have eaten these for so many years they taste like a hamburger to me now. It is strange how your taste buds change over time.

The hummus was included to add additional protein and to replace mayonnaise. The spinach and broccoli sprouts were added for nutrition. Dark leafy greens and broccoli sprouts are packed with nutrition and are help to keep the body nourished so that it can most effectively fight cancer. I always add both spinach and broccoli sprouts to my sandwiches and salads unless we have run out.

Boca Burger, Spinach, Hummus and Broccoli Sprout Wrap
Serves 2

Ingredients:

2 Original Boca Burgers
2 whole wheat roll ups
4 tablespoons of hummus with roasted red pepper, garlic and paprika
½ cup of broccoli sprouts
3 cups of baby spinach
2/3 cup of edamame, in the pods

Directions:

Microwave the Boca burgers according to the directions on the package. Spread each roll up with half the hummus. Top with spinach, the cooked burgers and sprouts. Serve with the edamame on the side.

Nutritional Information:

Amount Per Serving
Calories - 433.31
Calories From Fat (23%) - 98.6

Total Fat - 13.57g
Saturated Fat - 3.09g
Cholesterol - 18mg
Sodium - 1181.73mg
Potassium - 1264.08mg
Total Carbohydrates - 61.59g
Fiber - 22.7g
Sugar - 9.41g
Protein - 41.84g

Comments:

If you need a quick lunch this one is packed with protein, fiber and nutrition for a few calories. In addition to being good for you, it is also a very tasty lunch. Add a cup of green tea and you have covered most of your cancer fighting bases.

2 comments:

  1. This looks yummy. I love sprouts in sandwiches, and the way it ends up layered in the wrap looks enticing...a soft layer of hummus, a thick
    "meaty" layer of lettuce, savory in the middle w/ boca burger,and then the light crisp of sprouts at the bottom. My favorite quick-fix veggie burger are the Wildwood tofu burgers...they aren't frozen but I really love the flavor and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John,

    Thank you for the nice compliment and the tip on the Wildwood tofu burgers. I haven't seen that brand but I will definitely look for it the next time I go to the store.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails