Friday, July 3, 2009

Fusion Salad



This salad is crazy and mixed up, but it is great. The sherry vinegar is Spanish, the edamame Asian, and the dukkah Middle Eastern. I don’t think anyone else would put these together, and I am not certain why I did. I am very happy that I combined these ingredients, because I really like this salad. I first added dukkah to a salad earlier this week and loved it. Today I didn’t have cooked bulgur, but I did have edamame ….. and this salad was born.

I like that the edamame adds a little soy protein to the salad. Soy is reported to help minimize the occurrence of estrogen dependent cancers like prostate and breast.

Fusion Salad
Serves 1

Ingredients:

½ tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
½ tablespoon of sherry vinegar
8 cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
¼ of a seedless cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
¼ cup of shelled cooked edamame
2 cups of mesclun greens
½ teaspoon of dukkah

Directions:

Whisk together olive oil and vinegar until combined. Toss tomatoes, cucumber, edamame and greens in the dressing and plate when they are all evenly coated with the dressing. Top the salad with a sprinkle of dukkah and enjoy.

Nutritional Information:

Amount Per Serving
Calories - 185.09
Calories From Fat (54%) - 100.24

Total Fat - 11.66g
Saturated Fat - 1.5g
Cholesterol - 0mg
Sodium - 26.9mg
Potassium - 781.97mg
Total Carbohydrates - 15.51g
Fiber - 6.07g
Sugar - 1.93g
Protein - 7.71g

Comments:

This is a great salad. It isn’t something that you will have anywhere else, but it is fantastic nonetheless. I like the combination of flavors and textures. I also really like what the dukkah does to a salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails