Monday, July 13, 2009

Green Drink - straight up



Today we decided that we were going to have our green drink separately from our smoothie. We thought the smoothie would be good to have after the green drink, to remove the grassy flavor. The version I made this morning was ½ strength.

How did it taste? My first thought is that it was less offensive than I expected. I would say it smells and probably tastes like cut grass. The taste was reasonably mild, yet somehow odd. I think it would go down easier if it were very cold. I will try mixing the batch for tomorrow tonight and refrigerating it overnight. The worst part was the last sip which was gritty since some of the “green powder” sank to the bottom. Both my husband I decided to reduce the water significantly tomorrow so that there is less to gulp down.

Green Drink - straight up
Serves 2

16 ounces of water
1 tablespoon of Green Vibrance Drink Powder

Directions:

I put the water and powder in a glass jar and shock it up for a minute until I thought it was dissolved.

Nutritional Information:

Amount Per Serving
Calories - 22
Calories From Fat (67%) - 14.72

Total Fat - 4g
Saturated Fat - 0.45g
Cholesterol - 0mg
Sodium - 29.8mg
Potassium - 108.27mg
Total Carbohydrates - 3.15g
Fiber - 1.6g
Sugar - 0.6g
Protein - 1.3g

Comments:

I am not going to lie; this is not enjoyable to drink. However, it isn’t as bad as we expected either. Sometimes even I am amazed at what we will do to be as healthy as possible. We both think it will be easier to take in a smaller dose, and that is what we are going to do tomorrow. I will reduce the water to 6 or 8 ounces so we can gulp this down before our smoothie. Expect an update tomorrow on how well the revision works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails