Monday, July 13, 2009

Banana, Peanut Butter, Cinnamon, Ginger and Oatmeal Smoothie



Yes, I know it is another banana and peanut butter smoothie. I have been trying to perfect the banana and peanut butter combination and I think we are getting close. By increasing the oatmeal the smoothie is thicker and has more fiber and calories without impacting the flavor. I definitely like the ginger and cinnamon combination. Both my husband and I decided to keep the peanut butter in our morning smoothie even though it has more fat than the book "Life Over Cancer" recommends. We will lower our overall fat percentage by eating plain vegetables and fruit, and by not having a smoothie every day.

Banana, Peanut Butter, Cinnamon, Ginger and Oatmeal Smoothie
Serves 2

Ingredients:

1 frozen banana, peeled
1 ½ tablespoons of peanut butter
½ cup of oatmeal, dry
½ teaspoon of powdered ginger
½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons of golden flaxseed, freshly ground
1 ½ cups of water
8 ice cubes

Directions:

Toss everything in the blender and puree until completely smooth. Serve immediately in chilled glasses.

Nutritional Information:

Calories - 252.37
Calories From Fat (37%) - 92.9

Total Fat - 10.94g
Saturated Fat - 1.85g
Cholesterol - 0mg
Sodium - 66.45mg
Potassium - 382.58mg
Total Carbohydrates - 35.37g
Fiber - 8.06g
Sugar - 8.48g
Protein - 8g

Comments:

I definitely think this is my favorite banana and peanut butter smoothie so far. I think the spice combination and the texture is fantastic. The smoothie is thick but still drinkable. Overall, this is a great flavor combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails