Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day of the Living Dead


This is a picture of Daddy’s little boy, Nicco. He isn’t well behaved but he does love his human father. As expected Nicco didn’t sleep last night because his human wasn’t at home. He is very attached to my husband and can’t sleep when Dan isn’t home. He spent most of the evening walking around the house crying while I and the other two felines attempted to sleep. When I would fall asleep he would get into the bed grab a mouth full of my hair and shake his head to wake me up. Needless to say there was very little sleep at my house last night. Good thing we love that cat.

It is very sweet that he loves my husband so much that he can’t sleep when he isn’t home. But I would appreciate getting a little rest on those nights when Dan is out of town for work. Hopefully Nicco is so exhausted he will sleep soon so I can get a nap. Wish me luck.  I hope to get enough rest this morning to come back later this afternoon.

Just curious, does anyone else have animals that get upset and won’t sleep when one of their humans isn’t home? I know my felines are spoiled but I was wondering if we were alone with this particular problem.

13 comments:

  1. UB,

    Thanks! We do love him, but he isn't well behaved.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not alone. My two cat-babies are the same way when either Husband or myself is away. My Siamese actually gets angry with Husband when I'm away and will usually pee on his laundry to show her anger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. k-tan,

    Thanks for letting me know this isn't as unusual as we thought. I think Turkish Angoras are closely related to Siamese (same angular face, long body and legs), so that may have something do to with it. Sorry your cat-babies act out too.

    thanks again,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. When either me or my roommate leaves the house my Arnold just wails. Luckily it only lasts a couple of minutes.

    My bigger problem was when I just had Evie. From kittenhood I always let her sleep in my room and she was always well behaved, usually sleeping at the foot of the bed or under the bed. But then at about 6 months old she decided 3am was playtime, with favorite activities such as knocking over lamps, launching herself from my tall dresser directly onto my stomach, and sitting up on her hind legs and drumming on the mini-blinds with her front paws.

    As much as it pained me (though much less painful than her jumping from high heights directly onto my stomach) I had to lock her out of my room at night. She would just sit outside the door and wail so I continued to lose sleep anyway. The only thing I could think of was to get another kitty so they could play all night together, so I did, and it actually worked! Sleeping soundly now :)

    Hope you get some rest today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah,

    3am seems to be prime feline play time here too. We normally sleep through that unless they run across our bladders. Cats seem to have bladder radar. Don't know how they do that.

    When Dan is home our three felines curl up in the bed and aren't too much trouble. Since they are all 8 years old now I don't think they would do well if we tried to lock them out of the bedroom. I think we would get the same crying at the door that you got.

    Thanks for letting me know I am not alone.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best post title too by the way! haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah,

    Thanks! It is a good description of how I am feeling today.

    Would you believe Nicco is still awake. He just went to the front window to look for his daddy. When is that cat going to sleep?

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO cute, i know its a boy but...hes pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's adorable and soo sweet for missing Dan so much. Maybe he could go along with Dan next time:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michelle,

    Thanks. We think he is pretty too. It is a shame he isn't as well behaved as he is handsome.

    Rose,

    No one enjoys watching my felines becuase they aren't well behaved. Can't say I blame them. And, I refuse to board them while we are away. Although I think I missed a good trip this time. Who would have expected good raw vegan food in the middle of cattle country? Not me!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, he's so adorable!!! That's why you can't be mad at him to make you stay up all night!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oraphan,

    He is a very pretty boy, and too smart for his own good. We adore him, but he is a little brat.

    I will let him know you said he was adorable. He loves adoration, just like a man. ;)

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails