Friday, July 9, 2010

Dinner Update and New Weights

I will start with the food since this is a food blog. But honestly I want to start with the weights, LOL. Can you tell I am really a big kid? I love my new toys!

Dinner:


Last night for dinner we had a big salad (shocked right). This one was shredded romaine, curried sesame dressing, avocado, dehydrated leeks, sun-dried tomatoes (we were out of fresh), peas, and red lentil and millet balls. It was a tasty dinner.

If you had told me a few years ago that we would be eating salad twice a day I would have thought you were crazy. However slowly over time we have added more and more salad to our meals. Now I find that a meal without raw veggies doesn’t seem right to me. Also I used to think salad was greens with dressing and probably tomato and cucumber. Our salads now may include anything and everything. I always try to incorporate some type of fat either avocado, nuts or seeds and sometimes both like last night. If you change the ingredients to add to your salad they don’t get boring. Well that works for us anyway.

Of course Dan thought he “needed” banana and strawberry soft serve after the salad. He was convinced that he hadn’t had enough calories yesterday. Seriously I know he just wanted dessert but if he wants to play the calorie game I can go along with him. ;-)

New Adjustable Dumbbells (Bowflex Select Tech 552):


Now, let's talk about the weights, LOL. If it is possible to be in love with dumbbells I think I am. Bowflex did a great job with the design of these babies. You spin the dial on each end of the dumbbell to the same weight and it somehow changes what you pick up. The dials are very easy to spin and you can feel them click into place. I don’t pretend to know how it works but it does work. It takes a few seconds to change the dial and the weight is different. Wow! I love it when things work they way they are designed.


The weights we bought go from 5 pounds to 52.5 pounds. Bowflex does make an adjustable set which goes to 90 pounds if anyone is interested. I don’t think we will outgrow these for a while, LOL.

Unrelated Note:

Happy TGIF! Don’t you just love Fridays? This is my favorite day of the week. Yay Friday! Since it is Friday I have my usual errands to take care of. It is also Fun Facts Friday so I will be posting those questions again today.

8 comments:

  1. Yes, it's possible to love dumbbells! I get super excited when we buy a new set. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather,

    LOL, somehow I knew you would understand. ;-) These babies are absolutely awesome. They work far better than I imagined. I think you would love them. If you find a store that has them you should try them out. I think you will be pleased. :-)

    talk to you later,
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about salads. You really get used to the fiber. I eat so much more raw fruits and veggies then I did three years ago. Now if I go even half a day without something raw, I feel bloated.

    The dumbbells look like a great new toy. Enjoy, and post a follow-up report in a few weeks. I'm not into weights (I'm a yoga person), but it's always fun to get new exercise equipment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Losing Weight,

    It is funny how that happens with the raw veggies and fruit. Life without them just seems wrong now. ;-)

    I used to be a yoga girl too. Weight lifting was something I did many years ago and just got back into within the last year and half. I really love it now. I will do a thorough review of the dumbbells after I have had a chance to use them more.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your salad looks delish, I can't imagine life without salads and raw veggies;) Your weights look like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet,

    I can't imagine a meal without veggies either. But when you look at other blogs even vegans don't seem to eat many veggies. Go figure.

    I don't usually say much about exercise since this is a food blog. But some of my exercise blog friends wanted to hear about the weights. ;-)

    have a great weekend,
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a Friday's child myself. "Fair of face" I believe they say. I would get a facelift and get my nose fixed, though.
    Those weights do look sweet and I know you will enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meg,

    I do hope I can resist the urge the get some "work" done. I want to be a woman that is okay with aging gracefully. Only time will tell if I can pull it off. ;-)

    I am loving the new weights. They are so much nicer than I imagined.

    have a great weekend,
    Ali

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails