Don’t you just love weekends? I hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday. I am very happy to tell you that I managed to write a lot of this post on Friday which meant more time with my sweetie over the weekend. *woo hoo* Today we are getting together with our friend Louis and tomorrow we are seeing Lauren (the nearly vegan nurse we meant at Hopkins). I am not sure what else we will be doing this weekend but we will definitely being having fun. J
Day 1 – Defined Success and What is/was Holding Us Back
Day 2 – Determined our Purpose and Looked at Passion
Day 3 – Listed Our Goals for January
Day 4 – Listed the Things We Have Needed to Work on for a While
Day 5 – Looked at Optimism vs. Pessimism and Fear vs. Intuition
Day 6 – Practiced Conscious Eating
Day 7 – Hara Hachi Bu
Day 8 – Taking the Stress Out of Meal Time
Day 9 – Acknowledgments
Day 10 – No Excuses, Do it Anyway
Day 11 – Is it True?
Day 12 – Have You Really Connected With Someone Today?
Day 13 – Motivation is a Decision
Day 14 - Successfully Navigating Dinner at an Unfamiliar Restaurant
Day 15 - What Do You Want, Have You Asked?
Day 16 – Treating Others as You Wish to be Treated
Day 17 – Food as a Budget
Day 18 – Silence Your Inner Critic
Day 19 – Replace I Have to With I Want to
Day 20 – Identifying Your Rituals
Day 21 – Face Your Fears
Day 22 – Give Up the Diet Mentality
Day 23 – The Meaning and/or Purpose of Food
Day 24 – Trigger Foods/Situations/People
Day 25 – Words Have Meaning
Day 26 – Lose All-Or-Nothing Thinking
Day 27 - Decide to live as if ……
1. The next time you have something that you consider decadent employ the two-bite test and see what happens. Write down your experience in your journal. Try to answer the following questions:
· Does the food taste different when you take your time and really try to experience it?
· When you consciously think about the fact that you will need to burn off what you are about to eat does that cause you to naturally eat less?
· Realizing that you deserve to enjoy the best, most delicious example of food you want (cheesecake, etc.) does that change how you view the food in front of you?
1. Newsletters - Friday was hectic since I was busy writing the bulk of thee posts so there was no work on the newsletters that day.
2. Body Bugg – I continue to wear my bugg and I have gotten back into using it the way I had intended when I purchased it. Go me! J
3. Date with Dan – Dan and I have been going for a walk each night after dinner. We are planning to go on a date this weekend. *woo hoo*
4. Measuring calorie dense food – I am making a little progress on this but I really need to focus on it with every veggie meal to help my body absorb the fat soluble vitamins.
5. Working on my business – My schedule got in the way of working on the business today. I am hoping that Dan and I will have some time to work on this together over the weekend. I value Dan’s opinions and would love to get his input. If we don’t have time to do that this may have to wait until February. *sigh*
· I am very proud of myself for getting so much writing done on Friday to free up my weekend. It is nice when you know what you want to do and can make it happen. J Since I had a little extra free time I was able to enjoy a leisurely morning and lunch with friends.
· Thursday I decided to work on a very different recipe, the quinoa and blueberry breakfast bars. It is definitely good to break out of my comfort zone in terms of cooking. I think this recipe has promise and I am looking forward to perfecting it so that all of us have a healthy portable breakfast option.
Lunch was leftover kale and veggie stir-fry over black rice. What would I do without my intentional leftovers? ;-)
· I am thrilled to have gotten so much writing accomplished on Friday. Knowing that I would have more time with my husband and friends this weekend was a wonderful feeling.
· We both love spending time with friends and we had a nice time with our buddy Louis on Saturday. Our sweet Aimee was also working on Saturday so we were able to spend some her too. I couldn’t think of much nicer way to spend the afternoon than with friends.
· It was great to see everyone at the restaurant since this was the first time that saw them since going to hospital. They were all concerned and it was very sweet. I am really not kidding when I say the restaurant is like “Cheers” for us. I ducked into the kitchen before we left to catch up with Ian and he was prepping a vegan Thai vegetable dish for tonight. We may have to go back for dinner. ;-)
· Tomorrow we are planning to get together with Lauren, the nearly vegan nurse that we met at Hopkins earlier this month. She is the one who also lives nearby for those of you who don’t remember the story. It will be nice to see her outside the hospital. I already warned Ian that I am introducing a new vegan to mix; he took it better than I expected.
· Ian has added a healthy soup to the menu which we had for the first time today. It was vegan and had kale, white beans, sweet potatoes and I am fairly sure there was yellow miso in the broth. I will make it a point to ask him the details when we go in again so I can make my own version of it for all of you soon. Dan, Louis and I all got the soup and it was very good.