Happy Monday everyone! I hope you had a fantastic weekend. We had a wonderful weekend which included: spending time with friends, time by ourselves to connect, healthy food and plenty of rest (just like Masi pictured above having a nap). Generally it was a very good weekend and one that allowed us to relax and recharge for the week ahead.
To remind everyone of what we have accomplished so far here is a recap of the first 29 days of January:
Day 2 – Determined our Purpose and Looked at Passion
Day 3 – Listed Our Goals for January
Day 4 – Listed the Things We Have Needed to Work on for a While
Day 5 – Looked at Optimism vs. Pessimism and Fear vs. Intuition
Day 6 – Practiced Conscious Eating
Day 7 – Hara Hachi Bu
Day 8 – Taking the Stress Out of Meal Time
Day 9 – Acknowledgments
Day 10 – No Excuses, Do it Anyway
Day 11 – Is it True?
Day 12 – Have You Really Connected With Someone Today?
Day 13 – Motivation is a Decision
Day 14 - Successfully Navigating Dinner at an Unfamiliar Restaurant
Day 15 - What Do You Want, Have You Asked?
Day 16 – Treating Others as You Wish to be Treated
Day 17 – Food as a Budget
Day 18 – Silence Your Inner Critic
Day 19 – Replace I Have to With I Want to
Day 20 – Identifying Your Rituals
Day 21 – Face Your Fears
Day 22 – Give Up the Diet Mentality
Day 23 – The Meaning and/or Purpose of Food
Day 24 – Trigger Foods/Situations/People
Day 25 – Words Have Meaning
Day 26 – Lose All-Or-Nothing Thinking
Day 27 - Decide to live as if ……
Day 28 – Two-Bite Test
Day 29 - Vision Board
What did you think of the idea of a vision board? When you saw mine did it make sense given what you know about my life from the blog? I hope that seeing my board helped you to visualize how to turn your ideas into pictures. If there is anything that you would like to me explain differently about this or anything else just let me know.
Are You Hiding Behind Excuses?:
Like everything that I have written if this isn’t clear I would like you to let me know. I am happy to explain in a different way if that will help it make more sense.
Progress on my goals:
1. Newsletters – Sunday was just as busy as Saturday for me. This meant the newsletters didn’t get worked on. I will be happy when January is over and I have more time to get things done.
2. Body Bugg – I continue to wear my bugg and I have gotten back into using it the way I had intended when I purchased it. Go me! J
3. Date with Dan – Dan and I had another quasi date, this one was dinner with Lauren as our chaperone. ;-)
4. Measuring calorie dense food – I am making progress adding nuts and seeds to our food. I
5. Working on my business – My schedule got in the way of working on the business today. Sunday I was not able to fit in any time to work on the business, or to do laundry for that matter. Once January is over and I have more free time I will jump on this again. I remember that I promised you the link to my second website on February 10th and I really, really don’t want to miss that deadline. *eek* Nothing like self imposed pressure. ;-)
How are you feeling about your progress so far? I hope you feel like you have made a few lasting changes this month. J
I want to give you plenty of warning that I will be taking a few days off at the beginning of February. I have a ton of things to get caught up on in my life including:
· Homework for the Robbins-Madanes Training program
· Filling my house with fresh produce (in other words stops at multiple grocery stores are in my future)
· Working on my second website which I plan to unveil on February 10th assuming that I can stay on track
· Cleaning my house since that was as the bottom of my list during most of January
· Spending some me time in the kitchen working on recipes
· Organizing the to-do list for the boat to get her ready for spring sailing
· Taking the fur children to the doctor for their annual physicals
· Getting back to the gym for morning workouts rather than exercising at home
Lots of things in my life went to the end of the list with the trip to the hospital and the added time writing the blog posts. I need a little time to myself to get caught up so that I don’t feel as stressed out. I really don’t do my best work when I am under pressure. I know lots of people do but I am not one of them.
· I am very proud of myself for sticking to my daily posts this month. When we had the unexpected week long trip to the hospital I thought for sure I was not going to make it happen. However I am happy that I exceeded my expectations for myself.
· Sunday evening I was able to wear a pair of pants that were too tight only a few weeks ago. It is nice to have most of those 4 pounds I gained when Dan was in the hospital gone. Have you ever noticed how the pounds go on much easier than the come off? Life is just not fair. ;-)
· Lauren told me that a conversation we had with Samantha while at the hospital made an impression since she asked her about soy protein isolates after we were gone. Don’t you just love it when you can talk with someone and make a difference? J
· I was very happy to have connected Michael with Lauren on Sunday. Mike is a new grad and I know he appreciated hearing about the nursing profession from someone who has been in a little while.
· One thing that really struck me this weekend was how much everyone at the restaurant cares about us. They were so concerned about our trip to the hospital earlier this month. It was very nice to know how much they all care but I also felt bad since we made them worry. Lauren commented that we were all at the hospital talking about food, nutrition and recipes and other people were worried. I need to remember to keep them in the loop the next time so there is no unnecessary worry.
Sunday was a good day, a little busy, a little laid back, time with friends and time to relax. I was happy to get the vision board post finished since I knew that one would take a long time not only to write but to put together a board that would make sense to all of you. I wanted to create something that you would see that would immediately make sense given our life. I hope that I was able to show you how to translate what you want to achieve into pictures.
Both Dan and I had quinoa oat blueberry bars for breakfast. There are now only 2 left which means it is almost time to start a second batch so that I can work on the recipe. Healthy baking definitely takes more time to perfect than healthy cooking. However I am determined to get this recipe right. We had these for breakfast because we hadn’t heard from Lauren yet so we wanted something light just in case we ended up at Jesse Wong’s for lunch which was our back up plan. Fortunately she saw her email and we were able to coordinate dinner instead but that didn’t happen until a little after noon.
· Dinner with Lauren was great. We chatted for almost 4 hours while eating dinner, European style. Lauren met a lot the staff and made friends with one of the new nursing grads at the restaurant. Overall it was a very nice night and we will be doing it again soon. Isn’t it crazy how you meet someone under less than ideal circumstances (like an emergent trip to the hospital) and you get a new friend out of it? I just love how life works sometimes. There really is good to found everywhere, even when it isn’t obvious. J
· Finished my latest vision board which took less time than I had planned since I had taken care of the compiling a lot of images ages ago. For those of you who want to do multiple boards keep images in files by category and that way you can put boards together quickly. My next vision board will be focused on exercise. I want to change my exercise routine and once I have the specifics well defined I will be making another board. Let me know if you want to see that one.
· It was a beautiful day weather-wise on Sunday. Additionally I am thankful for the mild winter we have experienced to date. We are both looking forward to the upcoming temperatures in the mid 60s predicted for Tuesday and Wednesday week. This is not the typical January in the Mid-Atlantic but one that I definitely prefer to our normal weather.