Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Dinner Tonight: Soup, Salad and Baked Sweet Potato

Dinner tonight was one of those easy dinners I make when I am short on time. After being out of the house most of the day and then spending quite a while on the phone this evening I ran out of time for making dinner.


When the weather is cool and rainy soup seems like the appropriate dinner. When we were at the health food store today they had a lentil soup that Dan thought about ordering. Then when I was talking to Jackie this evening she mentioned lentil soup. Clearly the universe was sending me signs to make lentil soup, so I did. What we had tonight is a variation of the soup I posted here.


To go with the soup I microwaved a sweet potato and topped it with tofu tahini sauce and a little fresh parsley. We also had a small side salad make with baby spinach, white beans and salsa. After dinner we had a veggie and fruit juice similar to this one.

Sorry for the lack of recipes tonight it has been a busy day and I am very behind schedule. Tomorrow I start my second course at e-Cornell. This will take up a good bit of my day as I try to get through the first week of assignments tomorrow. However, I hope to have a little time to spend in the kitchen.  I really need some time in the kitchen.  It is my preferred form of therapy.  I will talk to you all tomorrow. Have a great evening.

14 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say "hi" because I know you'll be scouring the books tomorrow. Dinner looks light, healthy, and tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose,

    Thanks! You are right I will be studying tomorrow. I hopt to have some time in the kitchen too. I feel like I need a little kitchen therapy. ;-)

    talk to you later,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favorite dinner, I love the soup and salad combo's and sweet potato's!!! Fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandi,

    Thanks! We have quick meals like this quite often. Normally I don't post these meals, but Heather wanted to see them for ideas.

    talk to you later,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dinner looks great. Sometimes simple is the best way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather,

    Some days I just don't feel like making a production out of dinner. When that happens we get meals like this. Dan and I both like them so it works for us. The tofu tahini sauce is great on sweet potatoes, you should try it.

    talk to you later,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, dinner looks delish!

    I'm curious how your blue mood turned out? Did it pass? If so,
    what do you think helped the most?

    I have battled the blues many a time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Naina,

    Thank you, that is very nice of you. :-)

    My mood is fine now, but thanks for asking. I think mine was mostly hormonal so it passed mostly as a funciton of time. I did spend some extra "me time" exercising and doing a little "therapeutic" shopping. Both things seem to always help me out of my funk. ;-)

    Have you tried yoga for your blues? That seems to always help me.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry if you posted about this in past posts (I am catching up now but reading backwards from today's post :-) ), but how do you like the e-cornell class so far? Are you getting anything out of it? Learning anything new?

    Things have been crazy lately and I have SO many wonderful posts to catch up on...yay! Thanks for all of your beautiful posts and recipes, Alicia :-)

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  10. Courtney,

    I think the e-Cornell course was written for someone that was fairly new to the topic. Honestly I didn't learn anything new in the first course it was a refresher only. We will see about this second one. With your background I can say the first course would not be useful for you.

    Sorry to hear things have been crazy for you. Thanks for the nice compliments.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the cornell review, Alicia--I appreciate it!

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  12. Courtney,

    Course 2 which started today seems to be more in depth. I will keep you posted.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just want to say, for the quantity of recipes you post, don't worry about a day with nothing new!

    I've got your almond feta in the oven right now...I'll let you know how it goes, I'm scared of burning it, since this gas oven is so archaic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jenn,

    Some days I just don't get inspired, or I run out of time to come up with something new. ;-)

    I am so happy to hear you are trying the almond feta. That is still my favorite. Even my chef friend Ian likes it, I hope your oven cooperates.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails