Monday, April 12, 2010

Quick Update 04.12.10


My husband and I have been talking about trying to step up our nutrition to the next level. While I don’t know exactly what that means at the moment I will be doing a lot of reading in the next few weeks while I try to figure out what changes we can make to our diet to make it even more healthy. In order to accomplish this goal I ordered a few things today.

First I ordered the DVDs from “The Nutrition and Health Conference in 2009”. I had considered attending the 2010 conference next month until I realized I could purchase the DVDs from last year and this year (when they are available) for less than half the cost of attending the conference this year. I thought it was a great solution.

Next I ordered “The Rave Diet” and “Healing Cancer From the Inside Out” and accompanying DVDs. This is another plant based program similar to those by Doctors Fuhrman, McDougall and Esselstyn. I am curious to read these books to see how it is different. From what I read they are well sourced, which is something that is important to me.

Have any of you read either of the books or seen the videos from the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine? If you have I would love to hear what you think.

Unrelated note:

The picture above is a completely gratuitous photo of our oldest male feline Massimo. He is taking a nap in the sun with his teddy bear. I thought this picture of him was so cute I had to share it.  Sometimes they are so human it is almost scary.

I need to get back to my to-do list. I will back later today with a recipe, or two. I hope you are all having a great day.

6 comments:

  1. Alicia, I have read some of Healing cancer form the inside out. It is quite informative with good instructions on diet and environmental issues.
    I love the cat picture!!
    I am totally a cat person, so I adore everything they do, even yawning is exciting!!! I like the name Mossimo, I didn't name Mushu, he was my mothers cat, when she got him he had a terrible infection that was eating away his tongue, his fur was all tattered and his tail stuck straight out. She said he looked like a little dragon and named him Mushu. Winston on the other hand, I named because I like older names, I thought he would be sweet and mellow, because when he was a baby he could not meow and always wanted to be held. Well he is still mostly mellow, kinda like a hippy, but he is curious and gets into everything.
    What'cha makin for dinner????
    hugs-ditto
    Viva!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandi,

    I can't wait to hear more about what you thought of the book. I will send you a quick email on this.

    Thanks for the compliment on the cat pic. Isn't Massimo cute? That is my sweet baby boy (unlike his little brother, the terror).

    Poor Mushu, that is quite a sad tale of how he got his name. Poor little guy. I was wondering where Winston was as in Churchill.

    I have no idea what I am making for dinner tonight. How ridiculous since it is 4:15pm? It may be something with beans but I don't know yet. ;-)

    LOL, ditto to you too!
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cats sure know how to live don't they... a nap in the sun with teddy bear sounds like a great way to spend the afternoon to me.

    He's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rose,

    Mine sure have it down. Dan and I have often said we would like to come back as cats. But with our luck we wouldn't get human parents like us.

    I had to close the curtains to get that picture. I am surprised the lack of sun didn't wake him up. He is his mommy's little angel cat. At least we have one good cat.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi:) i have not heard of these, but i will try to check them out. im still struggling with not eating sugar...so im following you but not uh tailgaiting i guess you could say...but im with ya!!

    cant go wrong with cute fluffies, and holding a teddy bear...so sweet! is it really "his" do cats get possesive over toys?

    michelle and lil

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle,

    Sugar is a tough one. It took us a while to make that stick, but I think it makes a big difference. I read something about the increase in sugar consumption in this country over the last 100 years. The average American ate something like 4 pounds of sugar per year 100 years ago and now it is 170 pounds. Well gee, I wonder why that is a problem? I am not positive of the numbers but think that is right. Maybe I need to do a sugar only post soon.

    Yes that is Massimo's bear. It was one that Dan bought me for the sailboat years ago. It is a Greek sailing bear with a sweater than says sail fast and live slow. My cats are very possessive about their stuff. I don't know if all cats are that way, but mine are. Just like children they are spoiled little brats, only with 4 feet. ;-)

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails