Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Another Reason to Eat Garlic


While the article says the study was small, and a week isn’t very long, the preliminary results are certainly encouraging. In this brief study scientists were able to measure the marker for a carcinogenic process in urine tests. Those individuals that consumed 5 grams of garlic had the lowest level of this marker. The article indicates that a clove of garlic ranges between 1 and 5 grams.

This study is similar to the research done on raw foods that showed that garlic inhibited the growth of all the cancer cell lines it was tested on. I don’t know about any of you, but this study encourages me to continue to eat my garlic at least twice add in addition to using it in our food.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Like we needed another reason. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lalo,

    Well you know I didn't, but I thought others may. ;-)

    Ali

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails