Thursday, June 25, 2009

Garlic and Cancer Prevention



If you don’t enjoy the flavor of garlic, it might be wise to try to learn to at least tolerate the flavor if you are concerned about cancer prevention.

I was reading the website of the National Cancer Institute and came across this fascinating article about garlic and cancer prevention. The National Cancer Institute (part of the National Institute of Health) recognizes garlic as one of several foods with anticancer properties (see item 7 in the link above).

Garlic is reported to be a natural blood thinner. If you are about to undergo surgery or take a blood thinner check with your doctor before increasing your consumption of garlic.

Now given my love of Italian food we already consume significant amounts of garlic. However, I will now be adding garlic to my recipes whenever I think it will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails