Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Normal is Only a Setting on the Dryer


This little sign sums up my life lately. Everything has been upside down and turned around lately, but not in a bad way so I am not complaining. However my time has not been own recently. I was out of the house all day yesterday and most of the day today. As much as I tried there was no way that I was going to get a proper post written, edited and on the blog today. Sorry guys, I really tried but I just couldn’t make it happen and get into bed at a decent hour.


Speaking of not normal how about this for a paint job? This car made me smile.  I would have loved to have seen the driver wouldn't you?  LOL









In case you were wondering yes I was chasing the duck to get her picture. Clearly she was not in the mood today.  However aren't the little moving feet adorable?  ;-)

All the pictures today are from my trip to Frederick, MD today with Dan. I will get more of the pictures from today on Facebook in the next few days. Fortunately for me Frederick has a lot of interesting old buildings and I spent quite a while wandering around with my camera.  For those of you who aren't in the Mid-Atlantic region I imagine you are starting to see how similar the architecture is around here.







Here are some shots from our very late lunch (if you consider 3:00 late for lunch). Somehow a 2 hour site visit turned into 4 and ½ hours. Good thing I had my camera with me as well as things to read. As you probably noticed Dan had to be naughty and get the panko coated fried asparagus. When you are in Frederick check out Isabella’s for tapas and ask for Carrie. The food was good and Carrie has a degree in nutrition. Since you read my blog I am sure you will enjoy chatting with her as much as we did. Carrie, if you are reading this it was a pleasure to meet you today. *waves hi* :-)

Tomorrow I have a number of things to do again which means it will be another crazy day. This week is shaping up to be hectic through at least Friday and possibly Saturday. I am definitely looking forward to a laid back Sunday. Talk to you again tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Panko fried asparagus does sound naughty but sort of interesting. My cousins grew up in Frederick so it's nice to see some of the neighborhood and that duck is pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food Feud (M),

    Surprisingly the asparagus wasn't oily which shocked me. It was clearly fried on very high heat and quickly. However it was definitely not an everday item. It is typically served in a champagne glass with smoky aioli in the bottom inch or so of the glass. Too much for me though I am sure delicious. ;-)

    I took many more pictures of Frederick. The historic part of town where Dan had his meeting was lovely. I plan to get more shots posted to Facebook soon if you are curious.

    The duck was adorable. I chased her for a a couple of minutes before she got tired of me and flew away. All-in-all she was very tolerant of my nonsense. LOL

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that looked like Frederick!!! BTW, the iron dog in that picture has a name, it is "Guess." And since Frederick is SO small, I know the owners of Isabella's. They own another restaurant around the corner that you would love! Miss you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I have LOADS of stories about ducks...you grow up in Frederick, not so awesome. I'm glad you had fun there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alex,

    We were just talking about you today. Tomorrow is kind of crazy for me but I should have time in the morning. What does your morning look like? We haven't talked in "forever". ;-)

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alex,

    That duck was very cute and tolerant of my chasing her around with a camera. Why am I not surprised that you know the owners of Isabella's? LOL

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know! I miss you two! And I work all the time now...as per usual. I can't seem to help it. I should have some time free in the next week or so. I'd love to have dinner with you too. Although, maybe someplace besides the norm? Going back there is a bit weird. Although if Alan is there and not the other guy. Not a fan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alex,

    You .... working all the time, what a shock! ;-) Call me when you aren't working so we can coordinate getting together. I have lots of news to share with you. Hopefully I can convince you to work a little less with one thing I have to share. Having lunch with Deirdre tomorrow but other than that I should be available by phone all day.

    hugs,
    Ali

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails