Thursday, July 21, 2011

Happy Feline News!!!

Massimo Update:





I hav hade another crazy day today but wanted to fill you in on how Massimo is doing today. When I spoke to the vet he told me that Massimo’s kidney function is completely normal. *woo hoo* I don’t have to tell you that this was a huge relief for both Dan and me. Massimo’s liver function test was a little elevated but it was not to a level that caused great concern. Doc explained that kidney removal doesn’t typically work out well with cats or dogs. He also told me that when cats have cancer in the kidney it is generally lymphoma so removing the kidney is of no use. His recommendation was to keep an eye on Masi, paying attention to his appetite, bathroom habits, and whether he is vomiting more than normal. For now Masi isn’t in any danger and there is a good chance that the abnormal kidney that they saw on the x-ray isn’t going to be an issue. *whew* I feel like we dodge a bullet with this one.

Luca Belle:


Since her asthma continues to be under control I have scheduled her dental procedure for this coming Tuesday. I decided it was best to get all the felines taken care of now while we had time in our schedule. Given how poorly Nicco (aka Binky) handled fasting for Masi I think Monday night we will be closing the bedroom door so that I can get enough rest to safely drive Luca to her doc appointment. I swear having pets is exactly like having children only they don’t speak.

Marine Electronics Seminar:

Tonight Dan and I will be attending a marine electronics seminar where will hopefully learn how to use some of the fancy equipment on the boat. I need to leave the house soon to drive downtown and pick Dan up and then drive to class.

Sorry I didn’t have time to get the eggplant soup recipe posted today. I thought I would have more time today but some unexpected things came up.

Happy Thoughts:

Today was busy but it was a great day so I have many things to be thankful for which is wonderful.

• I am thrilled that my precious little angel Masi is doing much better than I expected after the radiology results yesterday. Thank you for everyone that kept him in their thoughts. It is also very touching to have so many people care about my little baby.  :-)

• We got some good news on the boat today which I can be happy about now. The sea trial is scheduled for Monday (7/25) and the boat will be leaving Grenada either 7/29 or 7/30. Sailing days are here again! *woo hoo* Both Dan and I are really looking forward to having our girl downtown. Yesterday I was only concerned about my boy but today I am happy about the boat again.  ;-)

• It makes me happy that the online book club seems to be of interest. If you haven’t taken the opportunity to answer the 7 question survey please do. I am very interested in your responses. So far it looks like the first book will be “The China Study”. If you are looking for an excuse to reread it please join us online. I will be posting the details soon.

• My little baby has gotten his appetite back. *woo hoo* My little Masi ate his lunch from the palm of my hand today. It was good to see him eating with such energy. This was the first meal he ate with intensity. *whew* I wish there was more I could do for my fur children rather than feeling helpless. However I am grateful that they have a wonderful caring doctor to look after them. For years I have said that I wished I could find an internist that I liked as much as our vet. Our current internist is a nice guy but he isn’t our veterinarian. However that is probably only because I have only known him 10 years not the nearly 30 we have known the vet. Besides, our vet is a tough act to follow. ;-)

Signing Out:

It is time for me to make myself presentable for this evening. It is nice to be leaving the house knowing that all my fur children are happy and healthy this evening. Talk to you again soon. Enjoy the remainder of your evening.

20 comments:

  1. I'm happy to hear Masi will be ok!! He's so adorable in that first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so glad to hear that Masi got good news from the vet. He certainly looks happy to be at home safe and sound!

    I must have missed the book club post. I have a habit of speed reading posts if I'm really busy rather than missing them altogether so maybe that's what happened. I will definitely be up for that!

    Thanks for the update, it's great to hear good news :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, I'm so glad Masi has pretty much gotten the green light. I hope this was simply a weird occurrance. You take great care of your companion animals. :)

    I had a great red curry soup today that I thought you'd like, but it has coconut milk in it. Do you eat coconut milk?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's a link to the soup recipe. I didn't make the tofu croutons, but added shredded carrot & bok choy stalks. The bok choy leaves I chiffonaded and put in the bottom of the bowl so that the soup wilted them.

    http://sparrowsandspatulas.blogspot.com/2011/07/summer-squash-soup-with-thai-red-curry.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just took your survey, and said the best way to discuss a book in your book club was via a blog. I said that, not knowing of any free online meeting sites. But then, I scrolled through the rest of my blogs and came across a new post on a tech blog I read about...wait for it...free online meeting services. Looks like Join.me and Zipcast are the best options, so I want to change my vote to online meeting instead. It would be much easier to have an actual conversation!

    The article is here:
    http://www.allbusiness.com/technology/16012541-1.html

    -Kit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alicia,

    Yay for Masi! I'm glad he is doing better.
    I think the book club idea sounds exciting, I have heard of the China Study and it sounds like a good book. Such a huge, nutrition related study is interesting for me! Would everyone put their comments on the blog, or facebook? I am still having trouble finding your page, I have accessed the inactive one but not the current one, so I can only assume it must have different privacy settings.
    Have a good night, I hope you are able to rest and relax soon after the past few busy days!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo hoo...glad Massi is ok...now you can relax and enjoy the boat coming!!!
    I'll be interested to see what food you take on your boat...we sail too and it is a challenge..Coco

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear the fluffy baby is okay! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. sgcorrie,

    Thank you very much! We were thrilled to hear the kidney issue wasn't a problem. He is a cutie pie isn't he? Hard to believe he is 10 years old. He still runs around like a kitten when he feels well that is. ;-)

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carol,

    Thank you very much. Masi has a lovely disposition. He is normally happy about everything, well not going to the vet, but otherwise everything. ;-)

    Glad to hear you are interested in the book club idea too. :-)

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  11. Skinny Jeans Food,

    Thanks! My little guy is one tough cookie even though he looks like a puff ball. :-)

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jackie,

    Thank you! I try to do everything I can to look after my fur children. There are many days when I wish I had become a vet so I was better at taking care of them. However had I become a vet I am sure we would be over run with animals other people didn't want.

    Thanks for the soup recipe link. I will definitely check it out. :-)

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kit,

    Thanks for the link I will definitely check that out. I have found webinars to be much easier to navigate than I expected. Can't wait to have time to check out the link.

    thanks again,
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sarah,

    Thank you, we are thrilled that Masi is doing better too. :-)

    Try to access the Facebook page again. The only setting that I changed was the age restriction. I reduced it from 21 to 13 (the lowest). There are no other restrictions so that should do it. If not let me know.

    As to the bookclub I was waiting to hear what people wanted to do but at moment people are leaning toward commenting on the blog. I will probably set up a separate page on the for the book club. As you probably guessed I haven't figured it all out yet. ;-)

    No rest for me yet. We have a concert tonight (Friday) but our weekend looks uneventful. I will rest then. ;-)

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  15. Coco,

    Thank you so much! :-)

    You sail too...nice! We should chat about that offline. I am curious about your galley set up and what food you have found that works well. If you get a chance send me an email at veganepicurean@gmail.com .

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ricki,

    Thank you so much! I know you understand how difficult it is when the fur children aren't feeling well. It is the only thing difficult about sharing your life with four footed beings IMO.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  17. Neca,

    Thank you so much. He seems to be doing much better. However I think he is getting used to eating semi-moist food from my hand. That could turn into a problem since he doesn't forget anything. Let's hope he doesn't decide that is how life is supposed to be going forward. ;-)

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you Alicia! I am able to access your facebook page now! :)
    I hope you enjoy the concert tonight!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails