(I thought it would be nice for the post title and picture to match for a change. ;-) )
I hate to whine but darn it hurts when you break a toe. I tried to put on shoes Thursday morning and when that was painful I knew going for a walk was out. Darn it! I get antsy when I can’t exercise. *ugh* Needless to say I was moving more slowly than normal all day which annoyed me like you would not believe. I decided it was time for an attitude adjustment and started reading “The 21 Day Consciousness Cleanse” which has been good for me.
Dan had his usual green smoothie for breakfast.
My breakfast was savory oatmeal which included: oats, water, wheat germ freshly ground flaxseeds, cumin, oregano, no-salt seasoning, broccoli, black beans, artichoke hearts and tons of cilantro. I really do never get tired of savory oatmeal. If I were single this would be a frequent dinner for me in the winter time.
After my huge late breakfast lunch was a simple bowl of chopped walnuts, prunes, apple, cinnamon and fresh lemon juice.
I turned the leftover black beans into a pot of soup for dinner by adding: onion, garlic, diced tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, water, oregano, chili powder, cumin, cocoa powder, cinnamon, paprika, bulgur, carrots, peas, green beans. I cook everything but the carrots, peas and green beans for about 30 – 45 minutes to allow the flavors to marry and correct the seasoning as necessary. The remaining veggies are added the last 5 minutes or cooking just to heat through. I finished the soup with fresh lime juice. It would also have been good with fresh cilantro but I used it all in my breakfast.
• I am enjoying doing the work in “The 21-Day Consciousness Cleanse” and will tell you more about that in a day or two. I have been surprised by my emotional reaction to the book so far. It has been a good experience to this point. I want to do another day or two before I tell you about it.
• My toe is starting to heal which means it doesn’t hurt much to walk on it but wearing shoes is another story completely, more about that tomorrow. Overall I am happy that my toe getting better but I can’t imagine how those of you that did this wore shoes and went to work. Clearly you are tougher than I am. ;-) I am happy that I have had the ability to go barefoot for a few days while the swelling was dissipating.
• Friday we had a chance to get together with our friend Louis for dinner which is always good. We don't see Louis as much since he moved to the Delaware shore and talking on the phone is good but not the same.
• We ran into Brittany Friday night and she told us how much loved the homemade marshmallows we made for her anniversary which was very sweet. I enjoy doing things like that so it was good to hear that she liked them that much. Besides who doesn’t like getting hugs right? ;-)
• Will was back at work Friday evening which was a surprise. As always we enjoyed seeing him and liked what he made for us for dinner…details tomorrow. No surprise we had a nice evening out and stayed out later than usual.
It is much later here than I usually put a post up which means that I am rushing which I bet you guessed due to my brevity. Dan will be going to the office tomorrow so we need to get some rest soon. I plan to spend my day experimenting with whole wheat pasta dough and my gnocchi paddle to make malloreddus for Easter. Doesn’t that sound like fun? I decided that since it is a national holiday we can splurge a little which I am sure my parents will be happy to hear.
I hope your weekend started off well. Talk to you again tomorrow. Good night!