I have been really busy this week and I am not sure why, LOL. Of course we are still eating healthy. You didn’t think that I let that slide did you? No matter how busy I am we still NEED our healthy food and exercise.
Breakfast for Dan was another green smoothie and contained the usual suspects: kale, frozen bananas, walnuts, wheat germ, freshly ground flaxseeds, cinnamon, powdered ginger, stevia and water. It makes me so happy that my hubby has embraced our new healthy lifestyle. I am thankful that my husband goes along with what I want to do in terms of nutrition.
After I exercised I made myself another grapefruit and kale juice like yesterday. That juice tastes great and is good for you. At the moment it is my favorite breakfast. Being fickle I will change my mind again but right now I can’t get enough of it.
Needless to say you will not be surprised to find out that I had my usual orange and two Brazil nuts, LOL. I need to make certain that I get my selenium. ;-) Later in the day I also grabbed myself a banana with homemade reduced fat peanut butter, two prunes, an apple and walnuts which I did not photograph. I seemed to be in a fruit and nut mode mid-day. What is up with that I wonder?
Since I had not planned dinner (nothing new there right?) we had an enormous salad for our evening meal. This one contained baby spinach, pinto beans, salsa, cucumber, red cabbage, cabbage, carrot, cilantro, avocado and chia seeds. This doesn’t look like a big salad but actually it was huge, in a serving bowl in fact. I don’t think it is really possible to have too much salad in your life. ;-)
While I had a busy day I also had a good one. Here are my happy thoughts:
• Two days in a row I had chance to talk with other bloggers on the phone. I am grateful for the good friends that I have made in the blogging world. It is wonderful to have friends that are healthy vegans. You ladies keep me inspired and focused on making good choices every day.
• I spent some time today cleaning and organizing. Two tasks that are not my favorite but is always good to make progress on my to-do list. I am most thankful that I have a few items crossed off my list. LOL
• Today I started listening to “The Hip Chick's Guide to Macrobiotics” on CD. So far it is cute, funny and informative. I like to listen to audio books while I do other things like cook or clean. I get the books from the library and find them to be a nice change to playing music in the background.
• The sun was out today and our temperatures reached the mid 60s. It is great knowing the winter is mostly behind us now. Woo hoo!
• Dan and I are planning to attend the DC screening of “Pig Business” on March 9. Dr. Greger is going to be taking part in the panel discussion after the film and I am looking forward to that. It is so sweet of Dan to take a half day off to go with me. He knows I am not fond of driving particularly in DC.
Time for us to wind down for the day in order to be awake at 5am. I hope you had a great Wednesday. We are over half way to the weekend. Woo hoo! Talk to you again tomorrow.