Along with my Pantry Staple series I have decided to add another series entitled Useful Gadgets. This series will show up periodically like the Pantry Staple staples series on no specific schedule. I am starting this series with an inexpensive but extremely useful item.
One of the kids at Dan’s office calls this an adult sippy cup lid and I think that is a fantastic description. This little beauty fits on the top of a mason jar either with the metal lid or not. You put it under the metal band and on top of the metal lid and it closes the jar securely for spill proof travel. I use these when I send juice in Dan’s lunch or when I need to take my juice on the road.
You can buy them from Amazon or directly from Cuppow. They are cheaper through Cuppow directly. We bought them early when they were first out and raising funds through I believe Kickstarter. Before you ask I am not affiliated with the company nor do I make anything when you buy these. This is a product that I use and believe in.
These are great for carrying juice or tea but I don’t think the opening is large enough for drinking green smoothies which was how I had intended to use them. However they are perfect for green juice. If you are a juice person these are very handy. I love that they work on wide-mouth mason jars which I have in abundance.
- Tuesday was a great day. Dan felt good enough to go to work which was wonderful. The problem is that he worked way to look (as in after 8:30) but at least he feels better so I am not complaining.
- We had really lousy weather today. Our high might have reached 40 and it was grey and bleary all day. Today was just not a nice weather day. However on the bright side my new faux fur sheepskin jacket worked out just fine. Yes, this was another Zulily purchase. I told you I needed to put myself on a time out. It is scary how many things I have picked up there in the last two months.
- Speaking of out of control Zulily purchases I ordered a one cup loose tea brewing device which arrived today. Once I have had a chance to try that out for at least a week I will let you know if it is winner. It looks like it has a lot of promise so I am psyched to give it a try.
- Their furry highnesses were down to one day of their favorite kibble blend using three different types of Blue Buffalo. This potential crisis (since my kids won’t eat grocery store cat food…the spoiled brats) meant I need to go to the pet food store. So I wasn’t driving to one place I also stopped at Costco and picked up a few provisions (okay a lot). I am very excited to try the scallion and chive lentil hummus they had today. If I love it you know I will be making my own version to share with you. *woo hoo* I love new food ideas.
- I need to give another shout out to Matt who will be on day 7 without cigarettes by the time you read this. Isn’t that amazing? After smoking for 28 years he has been off the smokes for 7 days. Maybe I should encourage Matt to write a guest post about how to quit smoking after he reaches the one month mark. Yay Matt, I am so proud of you!
- Tuesday when I was at Costco I grabbed a bag of chia seeds and the cutest little old man spoke to me and asked me if I was familiar with them and we chatted for a while. He told me that he had been eating them for about a year and about how great he felt. I told him how to make the pumpkin pie mousse which he was very interested it. When he found out I was 50 he didn’t believe it and kept telling me that I couldn’t be 50 years old. Needless to say I told him that he made my day. BTW to random strangers talk to you in the grocery store or is it just me? This happens almost every time I go and Dan is always surprised because he says that it doesn’t happen to him which is why I am curious.
- This evening I have been enjoying Pandora on my TV. I set up a channel and have been listening to Teddy Pendergrass channel. I may be showing my age by I love movie from the late 70s and early 80s. For those of you who aren't old enough to remember Teddy check out this Youtube of his song Turn Out the Lights. This may be one of the hottest songs ever written, IMO. ;-)
(my cute new faux fur jacket from Zulily mentioned in item 2 above) ;-)
My Tuesday was busy but productive so I am not complaining. Wednesday is going to be another busy day. Looks like I need to work more on my time management this week. ;-)
I hope that your week is going well and I will chat with you tomorrow. Arrivederci.