Friday, January 29, 2010

Cooking Today - Preview

Today I spent a good part of the day cooking with my friend Sue. We made three more dishes from Ad Hoc at Home, but made them both vegan and healthy. Today’s menu was simpler than our last outing. Here is what we made:

• Kale and Mushroom Soup


• Green Bean, Potato, Radish, Fig and Walnut Salad


• Seitan Roast Stuffed with Fennel and Fig


We started cooking at about noon and were finished at 4pm. During this time there was lots of chatting, tea drinking, and of course lunch. We even found time for a little lounging in the family room. It was a very enjoyable day. However driving home through downtown at rush hour, not so enjoyable.

I will be posting the three recipes on the other blog over the next few days.

For now I am off to make myself a big mug of green tea and to give some quality attention to the felines. Nicco does not like to be left alone all day and is being more bratty than usual.  Good thing that cat is cute and generally very loving, because he is not well behaved.

Don't forget you are running out of time to submit recipes for the Healthy Cooking Challenge.

5 comments:

  1. Could you kindly pack those up and send them my way please? I'd even try the seitan WITH fennel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather,

    LOL. Since I know how much you love fennel ;) , I realize how much of a compliment that was. Thanks!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almond smash,

    Thanks! I should have that recipe posted late today on the other blog.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Yum! Everything looks amazingly delicious! It does sound absolutely healthy. I'll visit your other blog later tonight:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails